5.10.11

Milan Fashion Week: Spring/Summer 2012

Photobucket

So.... Milan Fashion Week as a general rule leaves me pretty cold. Obviously Prada is epic, that goes without saying, but i can't be bothered to blog about it because everyone in the world knows it's epic and that's a bit dull. I'd much rather focus on this weird and wonderful collection by Akris which was my absolute favourite of the week.

Born from the random but brilliant inspiration pool of the Monaco Grand Prix, the dresses had go faster stripes made from vintage racing cars and prints made of sweeping track corners with crowds looking on. Bizarre. But brilliant. Best of all though is this one particular dress, I can't work out whether i want to wear it or turn it into a print and slap it on my wall. Or both. Either way it's wicked. A seriously left-field but clever use of print.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment