9.10.09

And so it ends


And so it ends... My last fashion week gallery for the Telegraph website has finally been done, my fingers have ceased to ache at last after a month of high speed mouse work... All done for another six months. And didn't it end on a high? After a little bit of minor boredom-based complaining from myself about Paris Fashion Week, the whole thing kind of kicked off and reached a whole new crescendo. McQueen obviously pulled the most ridiculous, complex, expensive and reactionary show, pretty much of all time out the bag, reaching a whole new playing field of imaginatory genius, and stating -

"This is the birth of a new dawn. There is no way back for me now. I am going to take you on journeys you’ve never dreamed were possible"

And it seemed like nothing could really hit home after that. Who could compete? Well, no one. Which is why it was so amazing to come back down to earth with a super fun afro experience from Marc Jacobs at Louis Vuitton...


(images from style.com)

I absolutely adore the layered shorts, in mixed up luxe textures, in pink, green and gold and then blue and silver. The length of them has really inspired me as well so am going home this weekend to start cutting up old jeans in order to recreate the Louis Vuittons, winter style... Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment